Explore Color Of Dawn Creations

2/17/11

Spring Sneak Peek

Last week we had a winter snow storm that closed schools for two and a half days with below freezing temperatures. This week it is beautiful with sunshine and has hit 70+ degrees. As they say, "If you don't like the weather in TN-stick around a few days and it'll change". This week certainly has my Spring fever in full swing! I've got some flower seeds planted in the windowsill and  my daydreams of vegetable and butterfly gardens are taking over. You can see hints of Spring in my new collection of resin coated wood pendants in cedar and pine. Here they are, dipped in resin and hanging out to dry. I just love how the resin brings out the deep burgundy in the cedar pendants. My father and I hunted down these pieces of wood on his farm and cut them together in his wood shop so they are pretty special to me.


I know this week is just a teaser of the Spring to come and we are more likely to have a few more spells of winter weather. But I sure am thankful for this sneak peek. It does my heart and soul good.

~Amber D. McNabb
"Lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone." Song of Solomon 2:11 

No comments:

Post a Comment