Explore Color Of Dawn Creations

10/6/12

Pumpkin Decorating Ideas!


This one time, at band camp, I used to create and sell painted pumpkins. Without the band camp part. I mass produced my own creations and took custom orders as well. 


I no longer sell painted pumpkins but the Rileyman and I will be creating some pumpkins of our own today. I thought I would drag out old photos of pumpkins past for inspiration. Hopefully they will give you a little inspiration too.

This Bears pumpkin was a custom order for Campione's Taste of Chicago in Gallatin.






My husband is pretty happy to not have the house overrun by painted pumpkins in the Fall. He was pretty perturbed about sharing his space with these things. They really were EVERYWHERE.


This one went to the actual Nashville Predators Mascot.







I think this year, we will go old school and carve a few.  


Just keep in mind, no punkin is too small.


You could also decorate with Fall Stickers. We opened up this one anyway so we could plant some punkin seeds. And roast some too. That reminds me, I need to check Pinterest for roasted pumpkin seed recipes.


If you have left over pumpkins laying around, just let them sit and turn into dried gourds. They make great bird houses. This one sat all winter and was ready to clean, carve and paint by Spring.


Your could also upcycle some old light bulbs. They make the cutest painted pumpkin decorations. I love these little pumpkin dudes. I still have some of them. 
Maybe I will have a pumpkin dude giveaway!


Happy Fall!

~Amber D. McNabb


No comments:

Post a Comment